Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2009, Year of Regret

We've come a long way. 18 years in the making, and to screw it all up at this one point. This year has been filled with many regrets. A year filled with the number 68 haunting all my tests and exams. I now hate the number 68. Always thinking about the future and not about the present, I seem to have derailed from what I hoped to achieve in the future by stuffing up the present. I have let myself down. I hope this is an eye opener for me for the future, so I don't make the same mistake ever again.

Well enough depressing talk, time for a good ol' blog. 09, gone so fast, just like every other year. Only a few years ago did 1999 seem like a not so distant past, and to think about it now... it's been one whole decade! Time has just gone, KAPOOT. Boy will I miss the days of saying OH something...bring on the double digit years! So let's see, what is there to look forward to in 2010. Turning 18 and going clubbing? University? FIFA World Cup? Movies? To be honest, not really looking forward to any of them.

Anyway, it's time for another installment of Jayc Oliver.

Today's menu: Bacon and Mushroom Omlette with Mashed Fotatoes.

Preparing the food to be cooked.




Might I also add, those eggs were cracked with ONE hand, oh how pro I am. That is before I noticed some egg shells landing in there, never mind, nothing a fork cant solve. First step was preparing the bacon, mushroom, tomato and onion mixture. Being the douche that I am, I went to add oil into the pot. What is wrong you might ask, well turns out its a non-stick pot. I might as well just drink the oil. While stir-frying I couldn't help myself but attempt a little toss around. I know you guys want to hear an epic fail and see a picture of all the bacon and tomato everywhere....but I SUCCEEDED!!! The secret is in the flick of the wrist...I think.


After cooking the bacon, mushroom, tomato and onion mixture, I decided to have a Yakult break. Malaysia's Vitagen is actually way better, with their variety of different flavours.


This is one the things I make sure to drink when I go to Malaysia, grape and apple are personal favourites of mine. Next comes the frying of the egg. Once the egg is nearly done, add the mixture to one half the side and sprinkle cheese over it. Being the creative self I am, I added coriander as well, because I am just oh so chef like.


Finally comes the flip, make or break of the omlette. Here it goes.....
















Well it wasn't all a success, wasn't much of a fail either. I give it 70%, still a B. Leaving school and yet it still comes and haunts me somehow *shivers*. Well in the end, it didn't turn out so bad after all. I went to mash the potatoes and served on a plate. Although the recipe instructs to serve on plate and eat immediately, I couldn't help myself but to play with my food.



I like the second photo. Well the meal didn't turn out that bad at all. I give it 3 Acdomallii's out of 5.

P.S. Through out the year, I've learnt that my mum has a little school girl crush over Wang Lee Hom.

2 comments:

  1. ahaha nice cooking skills jayc, way better than my burnt hard boiled eggs.

    you write good blogs, keep it up (Y)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahahhaa aww this blog made my day. mind you, i haven't really had a good kick start to 2010. new year, new start? happyface? no way! nevertheless, keep blogging jc :] emily likes reading them!

    ReplyDelete