Wednesday, March 17, 2010

zed zed zed zed zed zed

Sleeping is good. Just this morning, I slept until 11:15, woke up, caught bus at 12 and started uni. I love my "uni life". Was good, but how will I manage a proper full time schedule as of next semester. I had to wake up at 7 yesterday. So I woke up at 7. This was followed by another 15 minutes of lying in bed half awake. This consists of lying in the foetal position with my head on the corner of my pillow and the blanket brushed aside. This then leads to one arm and leg hanging off the bed for another minute or so. Until finally I drag myself out of bed.


Sleeping is good. But, for me, sleeping on the bus is another story. I have this paranoia of missing my stop. I see people sleeping on the bus and waking up right before their stop...how do they do it?! I feel that would never happen to me. So this results in me doing the embarrassing sleepy head nod. The "I won't fall asleep no matter what" action in which you quickly bob your head up immediately, moments before you doze off. As much as it is embarrassing, it also causes troubles. I once caught one those new buses, and I decided to sit on the seat near the end where they are back to back (because I am conscious about people staring at the back of my head). So the bus ride progresses along, and I continue to be "awake". It then reaches a point where my head becomes out of control and too heavy. So in order to prevent it nodding away, I try and keep my head upright. BAD MOVE. Because these head nods are the inevitable. By being "smart", my head then falls backwards, knocking into something! As I suddenly jump back up in awareness, I begin to wonder. Did I hit the head bar on the seat... or was it the head behind me!? Too embarrassed to look behind, I begin to "experiment". Seeing if it's possible that my head could reach the bar or not. Too afraid to go too far, I came to the conclusion, that I possibly hit the head behind me.


So that was an unforgettable sleeping/bussing experience of mine. A few weeks after that experience, the notion still stands and I am still prone to having an experience like that, "Head nods are inevitable".

2 comments:

  1. oh jayc, ur blog never fails to make me laugh haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete