Monday, February 8, 2010

Bed Time

Every morning for the next month, I will be waking up to the sound of loud chatter between parents and relatives. From when they arrived last Friday, I have had to relocate my bedroom to another room...if you can call it that.



This is my room from when we first moved into this house. The Tom and Jerry painting has been there since I got here. We've been in this house for 4 years and yet it still stays there. Unfortunately, it's the only good painting in the room ranging from Bart Simpson, Spiderman and random Spiderman and Batman logos. That is my comfortable bed with several pillows. And note, the sausage pillow is called a "bolster". That is by far one of the best words I have ever learnt in my lifetime, years of not knowing what it was called has finally been relinquished. And notice how the bedsheets and pillows are colour co-ordinated with the room, as I only did just then. Anyway, that is what I'll be missing for the next month. This is where I shall be sleeping in the mean time....



How comfortable does that look. It's such a downgrade from my Queen size bed, my toes literally hang off the end of the bed...and that's if you even call that a bed. And for your information, from the angle I took this photo, the kitchen is right behind me. What's also bad about this random corner in my house, it's at the front of the house which means it's close to the road. Seeing as the walls in my house are quite thin, sound gets through it like a fat kid through cake. I can hear every car, truck, bus and Harley that drives past, its rather disturbing. Not to mention by day time, there is light coming from every direction possible. A big difference compared to the complete darkness in my room due to the roller shutters. I should have to get used to this, as once my relatives leave, two weeks later another set of relatives will be arriving for one more week.

If I ever seem snappy or grumpy for the next month or so, you'll know I have not been having a good sleep. So while all of you readers are sleeping in your cosy bedrooms and in your comfortable beds, please think of me. And just make that extra fluff on your pillow for me.

Good night everyone.

4 comments:

  1. rofl that is the most random spot to put your bed! don't you have a whole extra spare room at the end of your hall?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahha what a bad spot to sleep. is there not another place u can squeeze the bed into? lol

    i have a spare bedroom in my house if you ever want to slpover, esp when uni starts because then u can bum lifts to and fro lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all rooms are taken up, thats why i gotta sleep outside

    ReplyDelete
  4. where do i sign up for this awesome upgrade

    ReplyDelete